What inspired me?
- A design huddle in our new accessibility lab.
- Seeing colleagues present their work to visitors from the computer science faculty at Durham University. Listening to presentations on Screening, the NHS App and NHS.UK, I was proud of the user-centred work these teams are doing, and how they might work together as a coherent set of services.
- Coaching training as part of NHS Digital’s ‘Management Matters’ series.
- Show and tells by the teams working on Book, Refer, and Manage Appointments, and our NHS Digital Service Manual team (the latter available to watch on Youtube).
- The Digital, Data and Technology (DDAT) in health unconference in London. Looking forward to this week’s in Leeds.
What connections did I make?
- At the DDAT unconference, I met Karen from the GDS DDAT team in person. I’ve also introduced her to a consultant who is doing some work on job descriptions for us at NHS Digital.
What leadership teamwork did I see?
- The unconference volunteer team – Phil, Laurence, Di, and others – did a brilliant job.
- We’re collaborating across two NHS Digital directorates to advertise design roles.
- Working with my central user-centred design team colleagues on an update to our team objectives and key results (OKRs) and a proposal for some short-term service design support.
How did I uphold the NHS Constitution?
“The NHS works across organisational boundaries” – NHS Constitution for England
- I met with Simon from NHSX, and we talked about various things we can collaborate on.
What do I need to take care of?
- As a profession lead, I need to make recommendations about requests to move into my profession. There are clear guidelines on how this process works, and I’m grateful to the practice leads, Mohammed, Stuart, Trilly, and Becky – for their work in thoughtfully assessing each request.
- Entering the business planning cycle, I need to make sure I’m clear about how our central UCD team will spend money in the next 12 months, and how we’re going to get a return on that investment for our delivery teams.
How many times did I cycle to work?
- 0 out of a possible 4 (not including the days it was blowing gale).