I held off writing up the Ignite London talks until now because I wanted to link to some of the great videos of the event now live on Vimeo.
It must always be a tough challenge to get the balance right, all the more so for our capital’s inaugural Ignite. I reckon the programme was spot on: the right mix of the challenging ideas and characteristic irreverence. None of TED’s West Coast cultishness here, just short talks fuelled by beer and chips.
If you have a few five minuteses to spare, you could do worse than watch these, my favourites…
- Alby Reid on Operation Paul Bunyan
- Jennie Albone on Things That Might Not Work Out
- Alan Smith on Design + Business
- Craig Smith on The Upsides and Downsides of Standards
- Ashley Benigno on Error(e) 404: Italy as a Country Not Found
- Nicky Smyth on Analogue World Design Patterns
- Matthew Baker on Diarrhea and Dodgy Doners
- Melissa McVeigh on Why Photography Defines Our World
- Ben Hammersley on The Renaissance Masters and their Mistresses
… and finally my own meandering around 1794 – So Much To Answer For, of which more here and here.
Thanks to Amy, Dan, Andy, Richard and all the sponsors for making it happen.